Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education Was constituted by the State Government in 1988 to advise the Government in matters relating to Higher Education in the State and to oversee its development with perspective planning and for matters connected therewith.
Admission to the professional courses in the Universities and Colleges of the State is also done through the Entrance Tests conducted by the APSCHE,
LAWCET & PGLCET are Common Entrance Test conducted for Admission to Bachelor of Law (2yrs and 5yrs) and Master of Law Courses respectively in the State.
Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati will hold the responsibility of conducting this exam under the aegis of APSCHE for the year 2013.
Only Date is announced. Keep watch for details.
Applications are invited for appearing Law Common Entrance Test (LAWCET - 2013) and Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test (PGLCET - 2013) for admission into 3 & 5 year LL.B / B.L course and LL.M programmes for the academic year 2013 - 14.
S.NO Course Eligibility 1 3 - year LL.B / B.L Candidates should have appeared or passed any Graduation (10+2+3 pattern) of a recognized University with 45% of aggregate marks or any other examination recognized as equivalent by the Universities concerned. 2 5 - year LL.B / B.L /BBA-LLB (Integrated Cource) Candidates should have appeared or passed 2 - year Intermediate Examination (10+2 pattern) with 45% of aggregate marks for any other examination recognized as equivalent by the University concerned or the Board of Intermediate Education, A.P. 3 LL.M Candidate holding LL.B. / B.L. Degree and candidates who have appeared/appearing for LL.B / B.L., final year examination. Age limit is not prescribed for admission into LL.M course.
(a) 5 - year Law Degree - Maximum age is twenty years in case of general category and twenty two years in case of SCs & STs.
(b) 3 - year Law Degree - Maximum age is thirty years in case of general category and thirty five years in case of SCs & STs.
Applications can be downloaded from www.svuniversity.in and the filled-in applications shall be submitted to the Convener, LAWCET-2013 or PGLCET-2013, 1st Floor, Old MBA Building, S.V. UNIVERSITY, TIRUPATI along with a Crossed Demand Draft for Rs.250/-for LAWCET or Rs.500/- for PGLCET from any Nationalized Bank drawn in favour of the Secretary, APSCHE, Hyderabad payable at Hyderabad.
(A)LAWCET-2013 : Application forms can also be had from the following on payment of only Rs.250/-
1. Head Post Offices in A.P. Circle also from Sub-Post Offices in the University Campuses as mentioned below Hyderabad., Hanamkonda, Warangal, Nizamabad, Vikarabad, Adilabad, Manchiryal, Karimnagar, Bhadrachalam, Khammam, Kothagudem (colleries), Mahaboob Nagar, Siddipeta, Sangareddy, Nalgonda, Suryapet, Srikakulam, Bobbili, Vizianagaram, Bhimavaram, Eluru, Tadepalligudem, Visakhapatnam, Amalapuram, Kakinada, Rajahmundry, Machilipatnam, Vijayawada, Nellore, Chittoor, Tirupati, Kadapa, Kurnool Nandyal, Anantapur, Guntur (Arundelpet), Ongole, and in Sub-Post Offices of Sri Venkateswara, Acharya Nagarjuna, Osmania, Andhra, Sri Krishna Devaraya and Kakatiya University Campuses.
2. Axis Bank counters : Hyderabad: Masab Tank, Jubileehills, Serilingampally, Kukatpally, Hyderabad Branch, Gachibowli, Basheerbagh. Chowrasta Station Road (Warangal). Nizamabad Branch(Nizamabad). Business Towers, Mukarrumpura(Karimnagar). Nalgonda Branch (Nalgonda). Palakonda Road (Srikakulam). Ramachandra Rao Pet (Eluru). GRR Building 13-1-15(Kakinada). Vygram Road (Rajamundry). Visakhapatnam:Gajuwaka, Ramnagar, Dwaraka Nagar. Ring Road (Vijayawad). P R Raju Plaza (Guntur). Trunk Road(Ongole). G T. Road(Nellore), Sindhu Towers(Chittoor). K. T. Road(Tirupati). Nithin Complex(Anantapur). Kadapa Branch(Kadapa).
(B)PGLCET-2013 : Application forms can be had on submission of a crossed demand draft for Rs.500/- from any Nationalised Bank drawn in favor of The Secretary, APSCHE, Hyderabad, payable at Hyderabad at
(a) University college of Law Osmania University, Hyderabad
(b) University college of Law, Kakatiya University, Warangal
(c) University college of Law, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
(d) PG Dept of Legal studies & Research, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur
(e) PG Dept of Law, S.V.University, Tirupation
(f) Department of Law, Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur
(g) Department of Law, S.P.Mahila Viswa Vidyalayam, Tirupati
(C) Online download of Applications: Applications can be downloaded from www.svuniversity.in and the filled-in applications shall be submitted to the Convener, LAWCET-2013 or PGLCET-2013, 1st Floor, Old MBA Building, S.V. UNIVERSITY, TIRUPATI along with a Crossed Demand Draft for Rs.250/-for LAWCET or Rs.500/- for PGLCET from any Nationalized Bank drawn in favour of the Secretary, APSCHE, Hyderabad payable at Hyderabad.
(D) Filled application forms with necessary enclosures should be submitted to the Convener, LAWCET-2013/PGLCET-2013,1st Floor,Old MBA Building, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati-517 502 before the specified last date for submission.
(E) Filled in Application Forms should be submitted to "The Convener, LAWCET/PGLCET-2013, 1st floor, Old MBA Building, S.V. University, Tirupati-517502, A.P." either in person on or before the stipulated dates. Application can also be submitted ONLINE. For further details on Eligibility, age, syllabi, related instructions and other information visit websites: www.aplawcet.org, www.apsche.org, www.svuniversity.in.
1. If a candidate applies for 3-year Law Course on the application meant for 5-year Law Course or vice-versa, the application will be rejected.
2. The Convener shall not be in any way responsible for the postal delay or loss in transit, or exhaustion of application forms at any sales counters of Post Offices / Andhra Bank.
3. The Entrance Test is conducted for the seats for which the Government is competent to make admissions. Information relating to admissions will be notified later the publication of results.
4. Candidates should look into instruction booklet supplied along with the application for other criteria and details.
SYLLABUS FOR LAWCET - 2013
Test Paper Information : The Test is designed to evaluate the candidate's ability and aptitude to pursue the study of Law. The Test consists of three parts. Total number of questions will be 120 and the duration of test is 90 minutes, Maximum marks are 120.
Part - A : Consists of 30 question carrying 30 marks : General Knowledge and Mental Ability
Part - B : Consists of 30 question carrying 30 marks : Current Affairs
Part - C : Consists of 60 question carrying 60 marks : Aptitude for the Study of Law
|Date of Commencement of Sale of Application Forms|
Last Date for Sale and Submission of Applications without Late fee
(All head post offices including University Campus Post Offices in AP, Designated Axis Bank Branches in AP)
Last Date for Sale and Submission of Application with Late fee
(only at Office of the Convener, LAWCET-2012, S.V.University, Tirupati " only in person by way of DD)
(i) with late fee of Rs.200/- from 19.04.2012 to 25.04.2012
(ii) with late fee of Rs.500/- from 26.04.2012 to 30.04.2012
|DD to be drawn in favour of the "Secretary, A. P. State Council of Higher Education", Payable at Hyderabad.|
|Date & Time of Entrance Tests|
|3 Year LAWCET - 2013||06-06-2013 (Saturday)||10:00 - 11:30 a.m|
|5 Year LAWCET - 2013||06-06-2013 (Saturday)||10:00 - 11:30 a.m|
|PGLCET - 2013||02-06-2013 (Saturday)||02:30 - 04:00 p.m|
REGIONAL TEST CENTERS FOR LAWCET-2012
The entrance test will be held at the following 15 Regional Test Centers in Andhra Pradesh
SYLLABUS FOR PGLCET - 2012
Part - A : 40 Questions....40 marks
1) JURISPRUDENCE : 20 Questions....20 marks
Schools of Jurisprudence - Sources of Law, Custom Precedent and Legislation, Rights and duties - Ownership and Possession, Persons, Obligation, Property, Liability, Legal Sanctions.
2) CONSTITUTIONAL LAW : 20 Questions....20 marks
Nature of the constitution: Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy, Center - State Relations, Emergency provisions, Amendments to the constitution, privileges of legislature.
Part - B : 80 Questions....80 marks
3) PUBLIC INTERNATIONAL LAW : 16 Questions....16 marks
International Law and Municipal Law, Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea and outer space, nationality and Statelessness, Extradition, Asylum, State Jurisdiction, United Nations & Human Rights.
4) MERCANTILE LAW : 16 Questions....16 marks
General Principles of Contract ( Sections : 1-75, Indian Contract Act - 1872 ).
5) LABOUR LAW : 16 Questions....16 marks
Trade Union Act 1926. Industrial Disputes Act 1947.
6) CRIMES and TORTS : 16 Questions....16 marks
Indian Penal Code - General Principles & General Exceptions. TORTS : General principles of Tort, Defences, Joint liability, State liability for torts; Consumer Protection Act,1986
7) IPR & OTHER LAWS : 16 Questions....16 marks
Copy right Act, 1957; Patents Act, 1970; Environmental Protection Act, 1986; The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993, Salient features of Information Technology Act, 2000 and Right to Information Act 2005.